Any experienced Programme and Project Manager will tell you that methodologies alone do not deliver successful projects. We have seen over the years large numbers of programmes and projects fail, whilst someone cried “but we did follow the methodology”.
Such methodologies do have a key role to play and need to be used in the right way, but ultimately Programmes and Projects are about people. Certus believes the most important and critical skills any Programme; Project Manager or Consultant can have are the necessary people skills to engage stakeholders to facilitate successful delivery. Therefore it is this that we look for in our people.
Certus uses a core team of experienced Programme; Project Managers and Principal Consultants to lead our engagements. This is supplemented by a number of known freelance consultants from our extensive associate network. All our people have proven track records of delivery and over 10 years experience in IT enabled business change programmes and are used to working in a highly pressurised project environment.
We go to great lengths to secure the best consultants and to ensure we deliver on our promises. Certus achieves this through a financial incentivisation model based upon teamwork and delivery for the deployment team. This ensures that every member of the team is dependent on one another and this subsequently creates the bond and a team spirit that allows delivery to take place.
This approach also allows us to share the risk of any proposed venture from a commercial perspective. Client and Consultancy are consequently “in it together from day one”. This is something we embrace; rather than engage on a traditional daily rate commercial arrangement. A fixed price contract is not something to shy away from, but rather seen as framework for guaranteed delivery.
- To become our clients trusted advisor
- To be renowned in the market place to be “the” alternative choice for IT and Business Consultancy for mission critical business change programmes
- To become the “consultants choice”
- To be regarded as a challenging but fun place to work, where we value and look after our clients, our business partners and our own people
- We exist to provide a genuine alternative choice
- Without our clients, we are nothing. Integrity is therefore everything
- Our clients needs always come first, and all our clients are unique
- Change is all about people, therefore we are our people
- Delivery is everything, we are engaged to get the job done but in the right way
- We will always provide objective, unbiased, pragmatic advice
- Be passionate about what we do and have a “can do” attitude
- Work is fun!!!